Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Berghia nudibranchs

4 posters

Go down

Berghia nudibranchs Empty Berghia nudibranchs

Post by seaponygirl Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:56 am

Well, I'm getting a bunch of aiptasia in my 20 gallon. Now where did they come from? LOL Anyway, most are in tiny nooks or crannies, so I can't reach to inject them and I'm a bit leary of adding stuff to my small set up. So I'm going to try the Berghia's. Does anyone have experience with these? I hear peppermint shrimp work too, but can get distracted my other food and forget the aiptasia. Thanks

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Berghia nudibranchs Empty Re: Berghia nudibranchs

Post by GoingPostal Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:35 pm

Problem is in that small of a tank they will eat them all and die. That's all they eat. I added a peppermint to my 24 gallon and he cleaned it right up, they are fun to watch besides. Unless you know someone you could give the berghia too when you are done with them I suppose.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Get a couple of peppermints. That way your odds are better. They're cheap anyway. You can kalk paste aptasia to fight it off but probably want to do a little at a time in a tank that size. I can show you how sometime if you'd like.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by seaponygirl Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:31 pm

I've read that the peppermint shrimp aren't as reliable as they may not eat the aiptasia if other food is available. I suppose if they don't work, I could get the nudibranchs. As expensive as they are I should go into business breeding them, and quit my day job!

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:49 pm

What Tiff said is true. They will work but they will eat till it's gone, then starve and cause issues when they die. Pepps aren't as reliable but they're not a risk either. They worked for me once I got rid of the big aptasia back when I had it in my tank.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by icereefer Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:41 pm

Yeah same here I would use Peppermint shrimp to and you look around some sites do sell P Shrimp that are picked out that mows Aiptasia down.
I new someone that had like 12 Berghia's in there tank and all died at once plus another nudi he had and took out lots of his stock day after his nudi break down.
icereefer
icereefer
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 801

http://redrivervalleyreefers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by seaponygirl Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:45 am

Thanks, I just thought since they can't put anything on the Internet that's not true, I'd try the Berghia. ( I hope y'all have seen that commercial) So it's the Peppermint shrimp for me. Thanks again.

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down