Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

perfect tank size

+3
cdness
seaponygirl
blennieluvr
7 posters

Go down

perfect tank size  Empty perfect tank size

Post by blennieluvr Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:08 am

Just for discussion, what do you think is the perfect tank size? I'm curious because it seems like those with larger tanks have been getting out at least in our club. I'm pretty satisfied with my 75g but not sure I feel it's ideal. I think a 40 cube would be awesome but it wouldn't house as much as the 75. I will probably never go bigger because I'm comfortable with the cost and maintenance schedule I have now with the two tanks. What's your idea of the perfect size tank and why?
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

perfect tank size  Empty Re: perfect tank size

Post by seaponygirl Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:23 am

I like my 20 gallon for getting started, minimal cost and care. I would like to go larger, but don't think I can afford anything over a 75. I here 50's are too narrow, but it would still fit my style of reefing. I'll agree, bigger is not always better.

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:29 pm

I think if you like the 75, a 120 DD (FatBoy) would be a nice footprint. It would still be 4 foot with a little more space vertical and width.

Personally I think ideal for me would be a 300 DD. I want to go larger but cannot do it where I am at currently. When I get a house I will for sure be doing that. Much larger than that would require too much work I think.
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by orange bam bams Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:36 pm

155 cost about an average of 100$ a month give or take thts just an estimate though with electricity maybe $150 a month total the bigger the tank the more money it take to substain it equipment is spendier in the case of pumpS, skimmer, lighting ect! I would have to say 100-200 gal is my perfect although a 500 gal would be simply amazing But I would have to be much more financially stable before going down that road lol as even my 155 can get expensive w/ not much extra cash around !
orange bam bams
orange bam bams
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 537

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanwillow Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:19 pm

I like my 36 gallon... but that said, I'd LOVE a 60-80 gallon cube. I just like cubes. (not.. tall though. shallow!) Its something about the depth to work with and really make things look 3D instead of flat.
Swanwillow
Swanwillow
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 845

Back to top Go down

Post by danreefs Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:29 pm

I say 75G. soon i will see if a 40B is good
danreefs
danreefs
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 1516

Back to top Go down

Post by Home_Depot Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:21 am

well back in the day I would say my 125 but now since I have sold it and have a way cheaper electric bill I would say the empty 10g in my shed..... lol!
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down