Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dying anenome... help!

2 posters

Go down

dying anenome... help! Empty dying anenome... help!

Post by HSCmember Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:08 pm

One of the HSC bubbletips appears to be about to die. Most of the appendages are gone and the center is turning a gray. It is on a rock with 2 other anenomes and I am hoping to remove it in the morning, but I don't know how. The foot is deeply entrenched in a crevice.

We also appear to have lost a fairly large leather too, but we'll see if there is a change in that tomorrow. I did check the ph and that appears to be pretty good. Salinity is fine. We FINALLY got the filters ordered for the ro/di unit and not a minute too soon. Thank you Filter Guys!

Any idea of what would have one anemone fail when the others look fine, and should we just take the rock out and try to saw it off or is there a good way to get it to release. I'm hoping it is still alive inthe morning.

Thanks!
HSCmember
HSCmember
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 560

Back to top Go down

dying anenome... help! Empty Re: dying anenome... help!

Post by blennieluvr Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:29 pm

Can you just take the rock it's on out and let it dry out? If it's going, it's good to get them out of the tank. It will stink if it's dying. A tank that size can probably handle a dying anemone better than smaller ones but it's still better to remove it which I have found to be very tricky. Some say rub ice on the foot. I did that before and it didn't seem to help. Some say point a powerhead right at it but that's if you have time and it doesn't sound like you do. I think your best bet might be taking out the whole rock.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by HSCmember Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:33 pm

There are 2 other very large healthy anenomes on the same rock, otherwise that is exactly what I would have done. The only thing I can think of is to take the rock out in the morning a try to cut the piece off without hurting the other two.
HSCmember
HSCmember
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 560

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down