Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where is everyone?

+2
brad
Home_Depot
6 posters

Go down

Where is everyone? Empty Where is everyone?

Post by Home_Depot Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:40 pm

There has not been a post on here for 7 days. What is everyone doing? Did I miss something and everyone sold there tanks? Very Happy
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Where is everyone? Empty Re: Where is everyone?

Post by brad Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:57 am

I am here still.

brad
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:13 pm

Me too. Going in today to trade some corals for a tang I think. Worried about it with my clown a bit but, the clown loved that foxface. Maybe it'll be OK. They have a cute little cinnamon clown too. Ooooh I wish I could get that! Apparently it loves anemones and my anemone is so lonely looking. My clown doesn't even notice it.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Where is everyone? Empty HELLO!:P

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:34 pm

Lol I'm still here Razz ... You coming to look at my tank today garret? Blennieluvr who are you in Bemidji ? I dont think I've ever met ya have to check out tanks sometime ... Btw is the cinna clown the one at Friendly Fins? If so let me know what other critters you have that hell be with... Also What kind of tang are you trading for I've got a good size yellow that could be traded away depending on the size of your tank ... let me know Very Happy

Last edited by Karl on Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by schaver Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:49 am

Hey Guys i'm still here . and for a little longer than planned the new job didn't work out so i'm back more than likly threw the winter. so i'll be on here more often again.
schaver
schaver
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 327

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:45 pm

I'm still here, just brought a couple of my ferrets in for shots though so I'm broke again. Got a little more algea in the tanks than I like but it's that nasty brown film algea on the glass, I'm doing extra water changes trying to fight it but probably overfeeding too. Big tank still sad and empty.....
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by Dedex Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:24 pm

I am still here...barely! The bookkeeper at the store quit on me so I am now doing two full time jobs on top of being a mom! I am so tired that I can barely stand up. I have no time to get on here, and it really bothers me because I know what a wonderful tool this is for a reefer. I haven't made any additions to the tank since winter. I am going to be placing an order for some more corals in the next week or so, so I don't have to deal with shipping in the winter in Northern Minnesota! Anyone have any suggestions as to what corals are striking yet easy to have in a 75G? I have to make time to sit up late one night and try to get an order in...hopefully soon! Can someone PM me when the meeting in ELY is set in stone? It may be the only way that I will be able to find out about it because I don't know when I'll be back on here until life settles down! THANKS!

Dedex
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:09 pm

Dedex good to see you're still alive! Striking corals huh? What do you have so far? I'm a big fan of brain corals and you can find them in almost any shape or color. In my tank the things standing out the most are my bright orange plate, huge red brain and my yellow leather. Or there's always acans but they are pretty spendy right now. Blastos? Duncans?
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:43 am

I'm here too. Almost got to go visit Randy but plans got changed. No Some day..... We need to have a meeting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not much new going on with my tank. I did get the tang a few weeks ago but that's about it. Traded some coral for it. Kinda cool to get new stuff that way. I need a few inverts but am in no rush for them. I might see if I can work out another trade for them. I haven't seen my emerald crab for a few weeks and he was one of my favorites, not many snails left, and, I really want to try shrimp again. I'm like Garrett with the tangs, this will be my last try. I love shrimp and think they would add so much to the tank. Hey, Tiff, do you think I could keep a couple of sexy's now that I have a RBTA?

I have to tell you guys who know about my piranha clown. He really LOVES that tang. He chases the damsel away from it and snuggles up with it just like he did the foxface. And to think we were worried about adding fish because of him! Laughing

I'm just really enjoying my tank lately!! I really need to work on pics. Oh, I'm still annoyed at the corraline taking over my tank. I really don't want to have to scrape so often and any tips that make it easier would be great appreciated! I've gotten a little lazy and now I have to scrape the WHOLE TANK!!!! Evil or Very Mad
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:45 am

Val, I'm into softies so I like nicely colored rics. Where will you order? I have a credit from Sealife I'd like to use. I probably won't order inverts from them anymore but their corals seemed to do well.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Home_Depot Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:52 pm

[quote="blennieluvr"]Oh, I'm still annoyed at the corraline taking over my tank. quote]

I hear you I have got to scarpe my glass every week. I let the back go and it is full of it.... it is a PITA
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:48 pm

Blennie do you have any bigger fish? I think if I dropped sexies in with my clownfish she would try to eat them, with gobies and smaller fish they should be fine though. They come in super tiny though, dropping them in at night with lights out is your safest bet. They are darn cute to watch the butt shaking! Laughing
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:48 pm

I still have my clown fish but he's in love with the tang so maybe he wouldn't notice. He certainly doesn't notice the anemone now much to our dismay. I guess I don't want to risk it. I'd be so bummed to get such cute little critters and have them eaten in short order. I'll stick with a cleaner. Thanks for the info to help me decide.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dedex Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:16 am

I did place two orders on Friday and got my stuff yesterday. I am concerned about a couple of the peices though. One is a plate coral. It is gray and not showing any tenticles. My bright orange one is just gorgeous, so I thought I'd get another to add to the color of the tank. When I got the first one it was from Saltwater Empire in the cities and in the middle of the winter. We got it home and acclimated, and it just brightened right up...this one seems almost dead...like a skeleton with no life.

http://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_11_03/product_info.php?products_id=2824&parent_category=4&category_search=62&root_parent_id=4

Also, GoingPostal...you are really familiar with brains...I purchased a multi-color lobo, and it looks really puke green. Do you feed your lobo anything special to keep it's coloration nice? IF so, what? Yours looked soooo nice when we were there. THis brain arrived with the water leaked out of the bag though, so I don't know if the puke green color is because it is dying, or if it is it's color, or if it is from the trip and being in a bag in the dark for one and a half days...any suggestions? It hasn't really "puffed up" for me to get a good idea...maybe it's just stressed - maybe I'm just stressed No

https://www.bluezooaquatics.com/productDetail.asp?did=3&pid=1378&cid=51

I'll try to take photos tonight and post them so you know what I am talking about...

Dedex
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum