Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Found 110 actual watt LED Fixture with 55 (3 watts individual Blue and white LED) for sales at $165 on EBAY

4 posters

Go down

Found 110 actual watt LED Fixture with 55 (3 watts individual Blue and white LED) for sales at $165 on EBAY Empty Found 110 actual watt LED Fixture with 55 (3 watts individual Blue and white LED) for sales at $165 on EBAY

Post by Captain Greg Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:44 pm

Great Price Getting to be close to standar fixture price. They say this is equal to 250Watt MH.

Captain Greg
Captain Greg
Clownfish
Clownfish

Number of posts : 94

Back to top Go down

Found 110 actual watt LED Fixture with 55 (3 watts individual Blue and white LED) for sales at $165 on EBAY Empty Re: Found 110 actual watt LED Fixture with 55 (3 watts individual Blue and white LED) for sales at $165 on EBAY

Post by cdness Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:47 pm

LEDs are not created equal. There are many things to consider with them such as what type of LEDs are they, what color temp are they, how are they driven, what kind of heatsink, build quality, can the LEDs be replaced if they go bad, etc... The only thing i hear about Ebay fixtures in a year is how much people wished they bought quality from the start.

Not saying it is bad, just saying there are lots of things to consider when switching to LEDs. I do like the price point though so there may be a light at the end of the tunnel in the near future.

Can you post a link to the fixture
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

Found 110 actual watt LED Fixture with 55 (3 watts individual Blue and white LED) for sales at $165 on EBAY Empty Re: Found 110 actual watt LED Fixture with 55 (3 watts individual Blue and white LED) for sales at $165 on EBAY

Post by GoingPostal Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:24 pm

I'm also wary of ebay fixtures, I just don't know much about leds, not ready to jump in yet.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanwillow Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:00 pm

I paid an arm and a leg for my fixture-wish I had waited a few months and gotten a par38 instead. You do pay for what you get though, so yeah-as an LED user, I'd not get it and pay more for better quality.
Swanwillow
Swanwillow
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 845

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Greg Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:43 pm

Price are dropping on these LED light. These are generic non brand LED. Like everything else these I think are Chinese made. They might not be the best, but I think it would a good entry level....I am thinking of trying it and if it does not work out I can alway replace these LED bulbs with more expensive/Quality Bulb. Good DIY project maybe?
Captain Greg
Captain Greg
Clownfish
Clownfish

Number of posts : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:58 pm

Well with that in mind, you have a $165 heatsink, assuming it is up to par for the high end bulbs... Typically it isn't just the LEDs that aren't the greatest. Usually they also contain cheap drivers as well... IMO if you want to get LEDs, do it right the first time. That's kinda the standard in the hobby where cutting corners usually ends up costing more in the long run when you need to replace the equipment.

If you decide to get these anyway, post up some pictures of the lights, packaging, and the color rendition on the tank. It would be cool to see PAR numbers too but those testers are hard to come by usually.
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down