Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heater problems: Marineland Pro Stealth has stopped shipping....

5 posters

Go down

Heater problems: Marineland Pro Stealth has stopped shipping.... Empty Heater problems: Marineland Pro Stealth has stopped shipping....

Post by Nannook Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:41 am

I got an email from Doctors and Foster that the heaters I bought from them they were recalling. Marineland is one of my favorites because they have a no questions lifetime warranty. So I just put two in each tank and set them two degrees apart on temperature (thanks to Jay Hansen for that wise advice). I had 3 of my 4 brand new heaters fail. Foster's will replace with Fluvial or a different model of Marineland. I figure all heaters will fail eventually. I am NOT going to keep paperwork for 3 years for the "manufacturers" warranty. So I elected to get 4 new Marineland.
Two did not work at all, and one failed at 80 degrees and would not adjust down. My tank hated that.
Nannook
Nannook
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 359

Back to top Go down

Heater problems: Marineland Pro Stealth has stopped shipping.... Empty Re: Heater problems: Marineland Pro Stealth has stopped shipping....

Post by obsessed Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:06 am

I had one leak into my sump--smoke pouring out--boy did that stink!
obsessed
obsessed
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 193

Back to top Go down

Heater problems: Marineland Pro Stealth has stopped shipping.... Empty Re: Heater problems: Marineland Pro Stealth has stopped shipping....

Post by GoingPostal Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:32 pm

What kind of marineland are they? I have a couple running in my 135 right now, worst they could do is fail, I don't think there's enough power for them to bake the tank. I have several backup heaters around always, in various sizes just because locally all I can buy is whatever Kmart sells. I bought a no name heater off the pet store in town awhile back and that baked my tank, thankfully with minor losses, had a stealth that was dead out of the box but mostly good luck with heaters over the years.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by obsessed Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:54 pm

they are recalling the stealths over 100W I think. mine was a 200w
obsessed
obsessed
Tang
Tang

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerman Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:58 pm

I had a 250w before the recall, about 4mos ago. The thing cracked and stunk up the hole apt for a couple days. Won't be buying any more of them. There have been tons of posts about people having problems with them. I seen a post when mine went bad toke out someones 75 gal tank, no thank you.

tinkerman
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 417

Back to top Go down

Post by Nannook Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:11 am

I had 3 out of 4 fail. 2 just did not heat, the light on top said they were up to temp but when the temp dropped to 64 degrees and the light said ok at 76 I reckoned it was a bad heater. One failed staying on 80 and I could not get to come down. But I got Marineland Visitherm replacements because of the good warranty. All heaters will fail, I like the over the counter exchange policy, I am not going to save a receipt for 3 years for a Fluvial or mail to a manufacturer. Jay Hansen gave me the idea, two heaters per tank set 2 degrees apart. If one fails you will know it. Then watch your temps everyday.
Nannook
Nannook
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by icereefer Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:23 pm

I have used just about every Glass tube heater out there on the market Titanium ones too. and I have always gone back to Ebo-Jager heaters, sure they only have a 1 Year against defects in material and workmanship warrenty on them, but my stock is worth more to me then a warrenty I run 2 -200 watters in my system, one is 3 years old and the other I've have for about 20 years.
icereefer
icereefer
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 801

http://redrivervalleyreefers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by obsessed Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:53 pm

that's good to know. I just went to ejs
obsessed
obsessed
Tang
Tang

Back to top Go down

Post by Nannook Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:52 am

World of Fish in Duluth has changed over their line of heaters from Marineland to Ebo Jager line. They are honoring the Marineland heaters, of course it helps if you bought it there.
Nannook
Nannook
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down