Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can still smell it!

5 posters

Go down

I can still smell it!   Empty I can still smell it!

Post by GoingPostal Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:22 pm

So tonight I was doing a water change on my big tank, decided to clean out the sump at the end and as I'm siphoning it out, find a gerber container, complete with frag and water, sitting next to my pump. You know, from the meeting at my house. LAST SUNDAY. Looked like it was a nice little sps frag. You don't even wanna know how it smelled!!!! OMG! Was that something you brought Cammie? I totally didn't know it was down there. I shouldn't have opened that, should have just tossed it. It was so bad. Rotten egg/dead snail/dumpster/ICK!
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

I can still smell it!   Empty Re: I can still smell it!

Post by Swanwillow Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:27 am

awww and ewwwww
Swanwillow
Swanwillow
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 845

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:08 am

been there done that... Kinda like sniffing a dead snail. It's really bad for sure.
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:01 pm

SORRY! Yeah....I meant for that to go with Matt so he could give it to Nick. I couldn't find it when I was gathering stuff so I assumed I had left it at my house. It was a really nice little SPS. That explains why I never found it when I got home. Again, so sorry.

Maybe I should just stop now! This weekend we moved the tank to Holly's house and a whole large tub of tank water tipped over in my van during the transfer. I'm pretty sure the only reason it isn't stinking is the cold weather! I shop vac'ed it and am leaving in the shop at work today with a fan running on it. So far, it's still soaking wet....enough that you can't put anything on it or it'll start wicking up water.

ARGHHHHH!!!! Sad
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:57 pm

How large of a tub are we talking about, 5 gallon pail or 35 gallon brute?

Saltwater and metal are a bad mixture... If it was a lot of water I'd be bringing that van to the car wash and spraying the heck out of it to try dilute the salt. That concentration of saltwater will sit in the small joints of the metal and rust it away in no time.

If it was clean, smell wise you may be ok...

cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:13 am

I did bring it to the car wash and had the outside and underbody washed. I'm still working on the inside. It's still wet and a shop vac didn't help as much as I'd hoped. I thought I'd let it dry and then scrub the carpet. Maybe I should just bring it in.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by icereefer Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:26 am

if you cleaned it out good you should be fine Cammie.you have a newer car and now a days the chasey on a car is dipped to help protect it from salts we use on our roads ect. I've spilt so much water in mine over the years the back of my blazer should have the floor boards gone.
just make sure you wash it out good.
icereefer
icereefer
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 801

http://redrivervalleyreefers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum