Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's going on?

+9
orange bam bams
Mn. reef crzy
Home_Depot
ranger_reefer
Nannook
GoingPostal
schaver
cdness
blennieluvr
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What's going on?   - Page 2 Empty Re: What's going on?

Post by orange bam bams Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:51 pm

very good possibility ! In my experience the super cheap bulbs seem to have weird spectrum's compared to a trusted name bulb ! I used to buy cheap ebay bulbs and they had a different color than the newer more expensive bulbs guess 4 me the saying holds tru u get what u pay 4 ! keep me posted on this now i am interested what type bulbs are u rockin ?
orange bam bams
orange bam bams
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 537

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerman Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:49 pm

I toke the tank down acid washed and bleached all the rock added new sand. Waiting on it to cycle now. to tired of the weekly pest killings. got some flat worm exit will dose that once a week for the next mo. Picked up a 40 breeder yesterday and have been busy getting everything in that for holding. Everything will be dipped before going back in the tank and anything with aptasia will be tossed.

tinkerman
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 417

Back to top Go down

Post by danreefs Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:18 pm

orange bam bams wrote:very good possibility ! In my experience the super cheap bulbs seem to have weird spectrum's compared to a trusted name bulb ! I used to buy cheap ebay bulbs and they had a different color than the newer more expensive bulbs guess 4 me the saying holds tru u get what u pay 4 ! keep me posted on this now i am interested what type bulbs are u rockin ?

I run ATI right now and thay are about 1yr old
danreefs
danreefs
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 1516

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:04 am

tinkerman wrote:I toke the tank down acid washed and bleached all the rock added new sand. Waiting on it to cycle now. to tired of the weekly pest killings. got some flat worm exit will dose that once a week for the next mo. Picked up a 40 breeder yesterday and have been busy getting everything in that for holding. Everything will be dipped before going back in the tank and anything with aptasia will be tossed.

Sounds like the hobby has been work for you. I hope the new set up goes better.

You too, Dan.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by orange bam bams Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:18 pm

danreefs wrote:
orange bam bams wrote:very good possibility ! In my experience the super cheap bulbs seem to have weird spectrum's compared to a trusted name bulb ! I used to buy cheap ebay bulbs and they had a different color than the newer more expensive bulbs guess 4 me the saying holds tru u get what u pay 4 ! keep me posted on this now i am interested what type bulbs are u rockin ?

I run ATI right now and thay are about 1yr old

Worth a try then I suppose ! Hope it works or at least helps !
orange bam bams
orange bam bams
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 537

Back to top Go down

Post by Reefer Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:58 pm

When i had the red slime I added flow towards the bottom of the tank and did water changes and it went away, but many factors can cause the red slime. I have heard flow is one, old bulbs overfeeding that what come to mind.

Reefer
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 111

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyce Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:13 pm

Been a busy summer 4 me..grand-kids visiting for a few weeks this summer..family reunions...canning pickles..tomatoes..etc..busy with outdoor pond..125 g...got some new corals and clams..tank is doing well...I still love it...but at times it is really getting harder for me to take care of the tank physically...just getting old...and my husband doesn't have much interest at all...to help me much. But all said and done...it would be hard to give it up. Bought 20k halides replacement bulbs this time...love the look. Can we get any interest going in starting up the meetings again...I am hosting Sept. I live close to Garrett...have it posted already under meetings.
Joyce
Joyce
Clownfish
Clownfish

Number of posts : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2