Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kids vs. tanks !!

3 posters

Go down

Kids vs. tanks !! Empty Kids vs. tanks !!

Post by orange bam bams Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:05 am

When i was reading thread of kitty litter used in tanks ! It made me think of this don't know why but it did so figured i would share it and maybe get some funny crazy or very sad stories going on ! I once had a friend with fairly old reef tank who 's son decided to feed tank and added whole flake food container and crashed his system completely! Kids vs. tanks !! Icon_sad Sad day ! but my story is a few months after swapping systems to my current setup with open sump! My water became very cloudy and seemed to just get worse my spiny oysters tipped over appearing to be dead and all my corals looked real bad I had no Idea as to what was going on I was freaking my water got almost white with almost no visibility ! I kept racking brain to figure it out why "once i got a jaw fish with white rubber band on container that fell in tank and thought it had dissolved " thats all i could come up with at time ! So i start a huge carbon setup borrowing filters to pack them full of carbon ! expensive but in day and a half two days it was clear and stuff started to come back! oysters stood up healthy and alive ! 2 weeks later i find the rubber band ! WTF! I think what happened ? unanswerable, it seems. couple days down the road i didn't have sump input plumbing correct and had a bad back siphon when circuit popped in cleaning mess up my carpet feel really soapy on one side of my sump i mean really soapy ! I asked my 4 year old if he knew anything about soap in the tank. He replied he was trying to clean the corals and fishes ! So come to find out my tank got a good dosing of dawn how much unknown but it survived that disaster thank the coral gods ! Kids vs. tanks !! 818842 But that's my kids vs tank stories 4 now ! fingers crossed !
orange bam bams
orange bam bams
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 537

Back to top Go down

Kids vs. tanks !! Empty Re: Kids vs. tanks !!

Post by GoingPostal Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:11 am

That's one thing I don't have to worry about although my niece/nephew have a bad habit of sticking fingers in tanks or grabbing onto the tank for balance, eeek!
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by orange bam bams Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:21 pm

Nice Lucky LOL j/k Yeah just figured there might be some crazy stories out there about this topic and wanted to share mine ! Kids vs. tanks !! Icon_biggrin
orange bam bams
orange bam bams
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:49 pm

My friend has a couple very curious kids who like to open the sump area of the tank and "touch" stuff... I never know what's going to get moved. I want to put on locks but unfortunately the ones that are easy to hide are the ones that are easy to get through.

The most hilarious one I saw though was a picture on RC with a tank right below a staircase and two cats with their heads between the rails of the stairs looking into the tank like they wanted to get some food...
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by orange bam bams Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:13 pm

LOL that is funny stuff crazy kitties !
orange bam bams
orange bam bams
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down