Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

death by machine

+3
GoingPostal
Home_Depot
schaver
7 posters

Go down

death by machine Empty death by machine

Post by schaver Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:49 pm

I lost my first fish ever by power head. death by machine Icon_cry It was wrapped around my koraila, the strange thing is it was a 4 inch lapezi tang and was the biggest fish in my tank and it was wrapped like a piece of wallpapper death by machine Icon_pale
schaver
schaver
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 327

Back to top Go down

death by machine Empty Re: death by machine

Post by Home_Depot Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:52 pm

Are you sure it was the powerhead that got him and he did not just die and floated around the tank and got sucked into it?
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Post by schaver Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:09 am

No I'm not sure But i have not lost a fish for a long time and he seemed real healthy yesterday and i do know he swam by it alot becouse its behind my rocks at the height that he seem to cruise around at.
schaver
schaver
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:18 am

Have to say it probably died or was weak, my little bitty hawkfish seem to handle the koralia flow fine, #4 and #5, the modded maxi they got stuck to but seemed to learn to stay away after I saved their butts. That sucks though. Wonder what happened.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by schaver Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:51 pm

well that damm koralia got anougher one, death by machine Icon_mad MY Hippo tang that is on my avitar he was stuck to the side. He is still alive, but i dont think he will make it. he has imprints of the korilia on the side of him. so i think i am getting rid of that korilia and getting some thing else. back to the fish if i hold him he tries to swim and when he turns on his side he flaps his fins to try to stand back upright but i think he has burned up to much energy i wish i could hold him up right but i have to leave for a while so i wedged him upright in a breeder holder i have, and see if there is any chance, Very doughtful though i have had him since 1996 when i first started and he will be missed. death by machine Icon_sad death by machine Icon_sad
schaver
schaver
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by brad Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:28 pm

My Hippo tang did the same thing. found him when i got home from work, peeled him off the side and he was fine.

brad
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot54 Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:06 pm

How is your hippo doing?
Patriot54
Patriot54
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by schaver Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:20 am

he did not make it death by machine Icon_sad
schaver
schaver
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by seafishinmn Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:15 am

Randy, hey, sorry about "hippo". Was that the koralia 4?
BTW, if you decide to get rid of the 4,, I would take it back and use as a backup. I dont have anything for a backup.
Melissa
seafishinmn
seafishinmn
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:42 am

Sorry for your loss Randy. Stinks to lose stuff. Especially something you've had so long. Out of curiosity, anyone know how long we can expect critters to live in "good" environment in a home aquarium? This particular fish had a long run of 14 yrs. Was it old age...fish was weak and the K was too much for it? I really don't know the answer but seems to me fish probably have shorter life spans in a tank (except for the fact that they usually don't have predators in the tank that they'd be subject to in their natural habitat.)
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by schaver Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:24 pm

THANKS EVERYONE
ya that is a good ? i would like to know what life expectancys are for some fish, and yes that was a long time and not sure how old he was when i got him.
schaver
schaver
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down