Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

does anyone have sponges?

3 posters

Go down

does anyone have sponges? Empty does anyone have sponges?

Post by obsessed Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:38 pm

I am wondering if anyone has any sponges. reefs2go has a few and I really love the red ridge. I know you can't expose them to air but is there any other care reqs? just wondering. thanks
obsessed
obsessed
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 193

Back to top Go down

does anyone have sponges? Empty Re: does anyone have sponges?

Post by mrnorth Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:57 pm

I think it may depend on the sponge, But if you go look at your rock close, I'll bet you count atleast 20 sponges. I've never bought one but have a couple that are the size of golfballs(only took um 10 years to get that big.
A red or a orange sponge would be cool.

mrnorth
Peppermint Shrimp
Peppermint Shrimp

Number of posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:26 am

I had a red ball sponge, it was exposed to the air several times with no issues. However, there wasn't enough crap in my tank to support it, it just got smaller and smaller, with the outside tissue whitening out and then falling off. I bought it probably 3 years ago now and recently found the last tiny speck of it in my 135 so they must take a long time to die out as it wasn't very large when I bought it. I know they need a lot of feedings, we had a feather duster as well when we got it so were adding phyto and stirring up the sand, no skimmer so probably a ton of stuff in the water, it seemed to do better back then but still shrunk slowly. Also it blew under the rocks no matter where I put it so I thought it was gone several times when it wasn't.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by obsessed Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:02 pm

yeah I have this really cool yellow one and the color is so cool. thats why i want red/orange. I guess i have had that one exposed to air a few times. didn't damage that one!
obsessed
obsessed
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 193

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum