Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red bugs....

+2
Mn. reef crzy
Nannook
6 posters

Go down

Red bugs.... Empty Red bugs....

Post by Nannook Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:48 am

Every vermin known to tank, I have it. So Brad mentioned he treated his tank with "Interceptor" a dog treatment that works well and is reef safe. Does anyone have experience with either Red Bugs, I just Googled them. Oh sure I have them. I have Red Bugs in spades.

Now I need a treatment for Red bugs, and advice. Red bugs.... Icon_study
Nannook
Nannook
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 359

Back to top Go down

Red bugs.... Empty Re: Red bugs....

Post by Mn. reef crzy Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:50 am

I have interceptor and yes you deal with sps and yes you will most likely get to know what these are eventually. Red bugs are simple minus when you treat it will kill all crustaceans. shrimp, hermits, pods, rotifiers, crabs and the list goes on. Do you have a pic or how did you find out you have them??

Mn. reef crzy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1169

Back to top Go down

Post by Nannook Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:01 am

At our meeting we were talking about vermin, I brought a show and tell of my new nudibranch and Jim the filter guy asked about red bugs. I had noticed them once in a while and just assumed they were some of the interesting life forms. I went to a couple of websites to see pictures of them and their damage and oh yeah I have a bunch. I can see them on my ATS when I clean it. So should I try a Wrasse, or a clown gobi as natural control? Oh and I have flat worms too. What a nice surprise to see that is what is damaging my finger leather.
Nannook
Nannook
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 359

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:05 am

Do red bugs only bother sps? I've never dealt with them. Flat worms you can suck out during water changes and get some flatworm exits, they are easy to get rid of and not generally a problem other than looking ugly.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:06 pm

Yeah FWE works really well on flatworms... be sure to follow the directions to the T though. I had a friend crash his tank from it when too many flatworms died in his tank and the water got really yellow...

Interceptor is supposed to kill both I thought... It is kinda hard to get here in Fargo, but maybe you have more understanding vets up there.
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by ranger_reefer Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:09 pm

just "borrow" a dog to haul into the vet Wink

ranger_reefer
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by icereefer Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:31 pm

Yeah this is the main reason I buy my SPS from only people i know and Yes Red bugs only live breed and attack Acroporas. I always keep some on hand I have 23.0 mg it's for the Larger dogs 51-100 Lbs. and it ain't cheep either. Thank god I haven't gotten it yet, and if there population hasn't exploded yet I would treat them in a Hospital tank.

Last edited by icereefer on Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
icereefer
icereefer
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 801

http://redrivervalleyreefers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ranger_reefer Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:36 am

Or what about 1800Petmeds....do they require a vet sign off?

ranger_reefer
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by icereefer Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:49 am

ranger_reefer wrote:Or what about 1800Petmeds....do they require a vet sign off?
yes that's where I got mine that's the last question they ask you before you order is your Dogs name, vets name and contact #, Thank god I have a good friend thats a vet. Very Happy because everyone I know has little dogs and the large dog dose is easier to calibrate dosage for Red bugs.
icereefer
icereefer
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 801

http://redrivervalleyreefers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down