Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chinese food

+2
tinkerman
plnelson
6 posters

Go down

Chinese food Empty Chinese food

Post by plnelson Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:41 pm

Well, I consider myself to be something of a connoisseur of American-Chinese food. Not authentic Chinese cuisine, but rather the little mom and pop hole in the wall places.
Since I was first introduced to it when New China first moved into town I have eaten at well over 100 such places and buffets (I generally try to avoid buffets because more often than not, they suck, even good ones aren't that good). Through it all, I've gotten sick a few times, and have had my share of bad flavors. Well, yesterday marked a new low.

I stopped at the China Buffet in Moorhead right off of HWY 10 on my way out of town, I ordered my usual, General Tso's Chicken. The whole time I was waiting, I began salivating in anticipation of the consumption of my most favorite food. WOW!!! It didn't taste bad. It didn't taste good. It didn't taste like anything. Seriously, there was no flavor at all. It was a mix of GT Chicken, Sweet-n-Sour Chicken and Chicken Fried Rice. None of it had any flavor at all. Astonishing. Well, I guess it had to happen sometime. You know how the saying goes, there will always be someone better than what's best, turns out the opposite is true too.

I will say this though too, the little meat wontons were delicious. That was the only saving grace of my $8 meal.
plnelson
plnelson
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 610

Back to top Go down

Chinese food Empty Re: Chinese food

Post by tinkerman Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:36 pm

Thats one of my faverites also in the fm area I'd say the great wall on university has what I consider the best general toa's chicken. Never been to the one on highway 10 thought about it a few times.

tinkerman
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 417

Back to top Go down

Post by schaver Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:13 pm

I'll second the great wall.
schaver
schaver
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 327

Back to top Go down

Post by plnelson Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:18 pm

I'll be back in town on Feb 10. I'll have to check that place out.
plnelson
plnelson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Home_Depot Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:46 am

Help me out here.....

For all you people who like Chinese food.

PLEASE EXPLAIN this...

What the hell is she eating?

Chinese food China10
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot54 Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:00 am

^ I'd like to know this one too
Patriot54
Patriot54
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by plnelson Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:28 am

That would be fried 'gina. It's a delicacy.
plnelson
plnelson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nannook Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:29 am

ROTFL AND L AND STILL Laughing! Would that be on the seafood menu? I like Chinese food, but is that CHINESE food? Tang maybe?

I will certainly give you a run for your money for most Asian food consumed.

The best in Dulut IM (never to be)HO is the China Star on London Rd. If you want a twist, try the Thia Restrant in Woodland at the stop sign. Even their buffet is amazing.

The best ever is Szechuan Garden in League City Texas. Ask for their Orange Chicken. Like General Tso's but with orange zest in the sauce. Ask at your regular place and see if they will make it for you.

Next time you come to Duluth you call me and I will treat any moderator, of course I will ask a bazillion questions during the meal. [no purchase necessary, offer limited to frozenocean moderators only, licensed drivers, offer not available outside of continental Duluth area, member FDIC]
Nannook
Nannook
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 359

Back to top Go down

Post by Home_Depot Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:43 am

LOL well I would like to take you up on the offer but I DONT EAT CHINESE FOOD..... I like to stick to the stuff I can pronounce lol
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Post by plnelson Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:21 am

Well, aren't we the close minded individual. You know, there are more people on this planet that eat that type of food, than ones that eat the same as you do? That means, among other things, you are also in the minority with what you choose to eat. Just some food for thought.
plnelson
plnelson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down