Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is anybody running T5HO

5 posters

Go down

Is anybody running T5HO Empty Is anybody running T5HO

Post by Reefer Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:33 am

Is anybody running a six bulb setup in T5HO? If so what kind of bulbs do you you have and what K rating? Just looking for some ideas for my light upgrade what would be the best to run. I have a 75 gallon tank.

Reefer
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 111

Back to top Go down

Is anybody running T5HO Empty Re: Is anybody running T5HO

Post by mpedersen Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:49 pm

HMM. I have a friend who was running such a setup - I'll see if I can get any info. I will say this, the tank was AWESOME.
mpedersen
mpedersen
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by mpedersen Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:52 pm

I got answers from Jake - "I run a sunlight supply tek fixture. 6X54w. I use 4 ati blue + bulbs and 2 uvl actinic whites."

Again, this is one of the best SPS tanks I've seen, and it's truly a shame Jake doesn't post pictures of it (he just never thinks it's good enough). The colors and growth that Jski gets are outstanding, especially when his calcium reactor is going (although I know he switched to just dosing two part and things did just as well, if not arguably better).
mpedersen
mpedersen
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by danreefs Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:34 pm

I run ATI blue + 3 and 2 ATI 12k and 1 well what the hell is that last one lol. I need to look and see Is anybody running T5HO Lol
danreefs
danreefs
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 1516

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:43 pm

I will be running a 6 bulb overdrived T5HO retro kit shortly when I get it fully built and wired...

If you want a plethora of information and one of the most knowlegeable people in T5 lighting, check out the T-5 thread on RC. Grim has tested many different bulbs from many different manufacturers and is extremely helpful to determine the best combination for your specific use...
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by Reefer Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:41 pm

Mpederson what kid of light is he getting with those bulbs is it a really blue or yellow?

Reefer
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 111

Back to top Go down

Post by mpedersen Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:52 pm

from my recollection, a relatively "white" balance...not too heavy in the blue like some folks tanks can look (i.e. under some 20K MH bulbs). Overall, every time I see Jake's tank I've been impressed with the color, growth and general appearance of his tank, and it's his tank that put "T5's" in my head as a possible option...
mpedersen
mpedersen
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerman Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:57 pm

cdness are you talking about this thread? http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1013083&page=9
If not some may find it a good read also. No final tests yet unless they are posted some where else.

tinkerman
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 417

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down