Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what's the most you have pd for a coral

+3
Mn. reef crzy
GoingPostal
blennieluvr
7 posters

Go down

what's the most you have pd for a coral Empty what's the most you have pd for a coral

Post by blennieluvr Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:03 am

I saw this topic on the TCMAS site and it made for some humorous discussion. "Always tell my wife everything cost $20" kind of stuff. It's been on my mind since I broke my own coral purchasing rule of $50 or less only (in case something ever happens to my tank..heater malfunction, flood, crash, eek!). How about you? What's the most you have paid for a coral? Was it worth it?

I have one acan frag in my tank that I wanted to split because of guilt over breaking my no corals over $50 rule. $77.25. It's a beautiful bright pinkish one. Not sure I like it more than some of my others but it was what I had to pay for a color I didn't have. what's the most you have pd for a coral Icon_redface Was going to split it but if you come out for Dec meeting, you'll see, it's really not a good one for splitting right now. Of course, the biggest polyp is smack in the middle of the thing. So, I have to chock it up to reefer madness.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

what's the most you have pd for a coral Empty Re: what's the most you have pd for a coral

Post by GoingPostal Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:34 am

My rhizo was $150, after that would be $50 on several things, dendro, balano, some chalices, acans, etc. It depends on how much I like it. I won't pay much for small chalice frags because they grow like crap in my tank and aren't going to be a show piece for so many years that I will have lost interest in it. I don't mind paying for stuff that grows fast like my duncans, the acan lords, war coral, cyphestrea. And the non photo stuff is pricey because it's rarer in the hobby but I don't mind because they are fascinating to me, obviously I can't ever frag out my rhizo but it's one of my favorite corals. I do worry about a horrible tank accident though, I would have a heart attack. It'd be interesting to add up how much $$$ I have tied up in coral in my 24 gallon.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

what's the most you have pd for a coral Empty Re: what's the most you have pd for a coral

Post by Mn. reef crzy Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:53 am

well i paid 125 for frogspawn colony from benihana and i think i paid 130 for the aussie elegence and i only still have one of them and its not the elegence:( than there is countless 80 dollar ones and lots of trades fortunetly, i would say i have paid more for fish than coral.

Mn. reef crzy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1169

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerman Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:53 pm

$65-70 for clam.

tinkerman
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 417

Back to top Go down

Post by danreefs Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:34 pm

$110 for clam
danreefs
danreefs
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 1516

Back to top Go down

Post by Home_Depot Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:59 pm

50.00 for the brain I sold to Jim!!!!!
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:01 am

See, I feel better already. LOL
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:26 am

blennieluvr wrote:See, I feel better already. LOL

That's what we're here for.

The real question is how much do you tell non-reefers that you paid? My mom would have a heart attack so I just tell her everything was "real cheap".
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by Home_Depot Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:27 am

20 bucks what's the most you have pd for a coral 452363
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Post by plnelson Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:09 am

I think the most that I've paid for a coral is around $75.00. But I've spent over $400 at one time. Brought frags to meetings, and sold them, only to turn right around and buy stuff from others. I love this hobby!
plnelson
plnelson
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 610

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:03 pm

I would NEVER tell my Mom how much I spent. GASP! She enjoys it when she doesn't understand what it really cost us.

$400 at once? I'll never have that kind of cash! Wait....maybe I need a frag tank! LOL
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down