Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PH problems....

3 posters

Go down

PH problems.... Empty PH problems....

Post by Nannook Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:30 am

I have a 29 biocube, only set up for a month, I initially had trouble getting my PH high enough, I now believe that I had a defective Tetra test kit, and while I was "kalk-wasser-ing" I was getting too high. Now after 2 weeks of trying to ease it back down from 8.8 (grrrr) I am at 8.4 and still trying to get it a little lower. I have changed some water gradually, 3 gallons or so, my salinity is good, my nitrate, nitrites, and amonia are all good. My KH hit the roof at 17 and is now down to 14. I have been trying to be patient and ease things back into line. Is there something else I should be doing? Using RO water. my Gobi and Firefish seem to be doing well.

Anxious to add some Zoa's

I also am waiting for a lighting upgrade to arrive. I will have 4 cp lights 2 actinic and 2 daylight. Do you think this will allow me to have any hard corals?
Nannook
Nannook
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 359

Back to top Go down

PH problems.... Empty Re: PH problems....

Post by Home_Depot Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:34 am

I would continue to do 3-4g water change per week. Get an RO/DI system. I read an article somewere I will see if I can find it about PH and keep it at like 7.8-8.0 I know they say to keep it at 8.4....aaahhhh I will just see if I can find it..

I am assuming cp is compacts? if so IMO I would not try and keep any sps in there..

Garrett
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:08 pm

I've found with ph you might as well just let it be whatever it levels out at unless you are having problems keeping calcium up. You can dose until you are blue in the face but most of the time everything in there will adjust. Most test kits do a poor job at accuracy on ph anyways. Mine sits anywhere from 8.2-8.6 depending on time of day, I haven't tested in a long long time though. That light should be plenty for most lps, candy canes, frogspawn, acans, etc. Just not sps.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down