Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

granulosa help?

4 posters

Go down

granulosa help? Empty granulosa help?

Post by tinkerman Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:56 pm

I just picked this up tonigh and seemed to go down hill since last week in the fish store. Would you frag the heathy stuff and toss the dead or wait it out?
granulosa help? Th_DSCF1871

tinkerman
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 417

Back to top Go down

granulosa help? Empty Re: granulosa help?

Post by danreefs Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:58 pm

It looks good to me from the pic. I say let it be for a week or 2 Then if you need to cut of the dead stuff.
danreefs
danreefs
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 1516

Back to top Go down

Post by plnelson Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:11 am

How many days have you had this piece? How long did the store have it for? That sucks that you have tissue die off.
plnelson
plnelson
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 610

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerman Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:21 pm

Store had it for 3-4 weeks at least. I put it in the tank last night, so when I posted the pic. Yes it does and hope it makes a turn around or am able to save some of it.

tinkerman
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by plnelson Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:35 am

Did that tissue die off happen overnight, or was it like that when you bought it at the store?
plnelson
plnelson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icereefer Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:00 am

Usually once your flesh starts to come off it's skeleton I get it fraged out dip it in revive for 10 min and cross my fingers.
did you put this coral under the same lighting it came from our do you have stronger lighting?
icereefer
icereefer
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 801

http://redrivervalleyreefers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerman Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:37 am

It was like that when I bought it, did get a deal on it though. I looked at it last weekend in the store and didn't have any die off, and have started encrusting the plug. So it seems to have started in the new growth and going up. Got it from shaun and he has a 4x 65 watt cf set up in the store half and half lighting, Put it on the sand after aclmating. I fraged it last night, it didn't seem to lose any more tissue. I managed to get glue over a bunch of the new frag, kinda sloppy with the glue. well see how it does and hope its not a learning experience($10 not that hard on the wallet). Jim is revive something I should be able to find in-town or have to mail order? Thanks for the help.
Pic was taken under only atinic.

tinkerman
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by plnelson Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:20 pm

For one thing, if it looked like that at the store, I wouldn't buy things from that system. Who knows what caused it, and now you have it in your system (if an organism caused it). Second, I would have gotten it for half that. Give it some time, and it should be fine. They probably did something to cause it to stress out, and die. No need to frag Something that small, you could just swish it in ro water to check for AEFW. I doubt that is what it is though. Probably stress, and the newest tissue died first, the part that was encrusting to the plug.

I think that in most cases, those dips seem stress out small pieces of coral and hurt it more than help. I've killed more than saved with them.

Is the system that it was bought out of a smaller aquarium that is self-contained, i.e. not hooked into a larger system?
plnelson
plnelson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum