Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ID Not sure if this is the right place for it or not

4 posters

Go down

ID Not sure if this is the right place for it or not Empty ID Not sure if this is the right place for it or not

Post by ranger_reefer Fri May 22, 2009 11:05 pm

Ok so I've got that rock cycling and the guy who sold it to me said there was some kinda softy colony on it. I think he said Nepthea does this look like Nepthea to y'all? I appologize for the bad cellphone shot. Also as it is opening (extending it's "arms") during the day and closing at night should I be taking that as a sign I am doing something right along with the presence of little starfish that are cruising about the glass? Also how much light does Halimeda require? One of the live rocks has a couple strings of that on it too.ID Not sure if this is the right place for it or not Nepthe11 ID Not sure if this is the right place for it or not Nepthe10

ranger_reefer
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

ID Not sure if this is the right place for it or not Empty Re: ID Not sure if this is the right place for it or not

Post by GoingPostal Sat May 23, 2009 7:20 am

It's a leather of some sort, could be nepthea. Is it green? Opening and closing is normal, sounds ok to me. Halimeda some people hate as it can take over, I don't mind the look as long as you prune it back. Not sure about light requirements but if you are cycling it may die off.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

ID Not sure if this is the right place for it or not Empty Re: ID Not sure if this is the right place for it or not

Post by Mn. reef crzy Sat May 23, 2009 9:37 am

i have some in my tank, It can add a lot to a display tank but it needs to be prunned like tiff said.

Mn. reef crzy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1169

Back to top Go down

Post by ranger_reefer Sat May 23, 2009 1:21 pm

Yeah it is green but it looks like it may be losing some of that color o I really gotta get some better lights on it. But I can't find lumber to get my stand built on the weekends gotta try and call some of the local lumber yards but they all looked closed today...Lowes is the closest big box hardware retailer and they don't carry anything other than 2x4s.

ranger_reefer
Tang
Tang

Back to top Go down

Post by Home_Depot Sat May 23, 2009 2:27 pm

What kind of lumber are you looking for?
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ranger_reefer Sat May 23, 2009 2:45 pm

4x4s for corners Smile I'm probably way over engineering a 29 gallon stand but thats what the plans I found called for Smile

ranger_reefer
Tang
Tang

Back to top Go down

Post by ranger_reefer Sat May 23, 2009 2:46 pm

Ah I found it on Lowe's website the only 4x4s they have are pressure treated Smile

ranger_reefer
Tang
Tang

Back to top Go down

Post by Home_Depot Sat May 23, 2009 4:03 pm

I have built a few stands and I have never used 4x4s I just built one for a 125 and used all 2x4s so I would say that 4x4s on a 29 is way overboard IMO.
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down