Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

?'s regaurding drilling and overflow

4 posters

Go down

?'s regaurding drilling and overflow Empty ?'s regaurding drilling and overflow

Post by tinkerman Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:24 pm

Ok so I have a cpr 600 gph hang on overflow and last night the power went out and I woke up right awayawaiting the power to turn on again. The overflow didn't prime itself fully and if I hadn't gotten up and waited I would have woken up to soggy carpet. I am very interested in drilling the tank now or in the near future. I know I need bulkheads and a speciel bit and am really freaked out about having the 125 gal tank crack. I would like to do corner overflows on each end. Not sure where the hole needs to get drilled(top, middle,bottom on back). If anyone builds over flows how much would it cost to have 2 built? Has anyone drilled their tank in the FM area? As if I do it would be nice maybe to have someone present that has done it before. Thanks for any help.
Lyle

If anyone is on the jimdreef forum I have registered and never got an email, tried emailing them not sure if they are busy fighting floods or never got it. If someone could ask it would be great.

tinkerman
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 417

Back to top Go down

?'s regaurding drilling and overflow Empty Re: ?'s regaurding drilling and overflow

Post by tattooedreefer Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:41 pm

hey lyle this is chris...i got your filter from you...i am glad that you are doing a drilling project, and you do need a dimond encrusted drill bit. and depending on the glass of the tank is where you can put the holes...you will need at least 4 bulk heads for a twin setup a return and drain on each side...i know there are a few guys that have drilld tanks up in gf and bimiji area...or you could use a air lifter...but drilled is much better...i think jim from jimdreef makes overflows and he was flood fighting so it might be a day or two befor he gets back to you i have seen some of the acrylic projects he has done and he knows what he is doing
tattooedreefer
tattooedreefer
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

?'s regaurding drilling and overflow Empty Re: ?'s regaurding drilling and overflow

Post by Home_Depot Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:41 pm

Well first off it is a good thing you woke up, YOu would have to hve the tank empty for drilling, I have drilled tanks and it is very easy to do. I would be willing to help you out with it. When woould you be ready to do it? I know Jim(icereefer) builds overflows. You could send him a PM and see what he would charge to make you some.

I will ask Jim for you about the registration too.

Garrett
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerman Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:48 pm

I wouldn't be doing it for about a month as I have some truckfixes I have to take care of first. But thanks for the offer and keep you in mind when I am ready when I have all the stuff. I know the tank will have to be empty I have enough emty tanks and tots to put stuff in for a couple days. Thats what I thought about jim just wasn't sure.

tinkerman
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 417

Back to top Go down

Post by Home_Depot Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:02 pm

I know I will be headed to the FM area with in the month I have in-laws th at live there and my wife wants to go visit so when I find out the date I will let you know and see if it will work out.
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Post by icereefer Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:43 pm

Tinkerman
I'll get your registry fix for you on my forum.
as for drilling and making overflows let me know what you want I can drill 3/4", 1" and 1 1/2" bulkhead size holes. I'm a Plumber Too.
icereefer
icereefer
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 801

http://redrivervalleyreefers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down