Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking down *almost* fish only 90gal

4 posters

Go down

Taking down *almost* fish only 90gal Empty Taking down *almost* fish only 90gal

Post by BareFootAviary Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:27 am

Hey guys, I'm new here! I was referred by maddman023. I live just down the road from him.

I moved here to Bemidji and left my 90 gallon *mostly fish only* tank down in the Twin Cities for my parents to care for and enjoy...unfortunately, they are no longer enjoying it Rolling Eyes and I cannot set it up where I am currently living (plus I am moving to CA in May). I need to get rid of and sell the entire thing, though I think it will be best to break it down and find homes for the individual pieces.

Here is what I got (off the top pf my head):
I have one large female Tomato Clown, she had a mate but he died awhile back. She is about 3-4" long, very thick and healthy. I am looking for $10 for her. (SOLD)

I also have 1 Yellowtailed Blue Damsel, still quite small but it has out-lasted the other 2 my dad added to the tank (without asking!). He is probably 1.5" long or so. I am asking $5 for him. (SOLD)

I also have a huge red hermit crab. His name is Crusty and he is the bane of this tank! Laughing He has killed Feather Dusters and Starfish....I think he would be great in a large fish only tank. I believe he has lived with shrimp and had no problem, but I don't remember if I got him after the last Skunk Cleaner died.... Crusty is about 8" long, yes, 8" long. He is huge and he likes to knock over rocks and get fed Shrimp Pellets in the front of the tank. I will have to see him go, but I don't have a tank big enough for him that I can set up here. I am asking $15 for him. (SOLD)

I have 2 fish that I think would not sell so I am willing to give them away as long as you buy some liverock (I know, I know, but I don't think anyone would take them!).

1 is a Red Sea Purple Tang. He has been through h*ll and back! He has lost most of his color (all the yellow on his fins is gone) and his fins are pretty much gone or completely ragged. My dad has tried to heal him, but after 2 years, I don't know if he will ever grow them back or get his color back. If you know of a true and tried way to help him, he would be an excellent addition to a tank! He is about 5-6" long.

The other is a Dwarf Half-Black Angelfish. She is missing some scales/color on her face, but that is about it. I personally think she looks like h*ll and I honestly wouldn't pay anything for her. She is about 2-3" long or so.

I may have more fish, but I have to do another inventory next time I go to the Twin Cities, or I can find out in the next couple of days when I give them a call.

I also will be selling the Liverock. It is Fiji I believe and I have about 80-100lbs (I think). I will be selling it for $3 a pound. Most of the rocks are at least 5lbs. (30lbs SOLD)

I have live sand/crushed coral mix that I will sell if someone is interested in it. I have about 30lbs or more. I will sell it for $1 per pound. If you buy something else and would like a few pounds, I will probably just give it to you.

The tank, stand, and canopy (with lid) may be spoken for. Stand and matching canopy are black painted solid wood. If you are interested in them and want to be notified if the deal falls through, let me know. I don't really have a set price on it yet.

I also have 1 Marineland Magnum 350 Canister filters that I have been using with the tank. I will be asking $20 for it (SOLD)

Then I have 1 Emperor 400 BioWheel filter and 1 other hang-on style filter that I use Bio-Balls in. I will be asking $5 each for those. (SOLD)

Then I have one power-head. I have no idea what size off the top of my head, but it is a large or medium size for the tank. I will be asking $5 for it.

If any of these prices seem too high, please let me know honestly. I have not really been in the fish circle for quite awhile as I have not had a tank in my own home for almost 5 years.

Obviously these items are in the Twin Cities, Fridley to be exact. I am willing to bring them up here to Bemidji with me, but the buyer must be willing to pick them up the day I get home since I will not have a tank to put them in. The liverock and hermit crab would be transported in styrofoam boxes with wet towels, every thing else would be in large bags. If you are going to be traveling to the Twin Cities area, you are more than welcome to meet me at their house to pick things up as well.

I will have pics soon.

Last edited by BareFootAviary on Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

BareFootAviary
Plankton
Plankton

Number of posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Taking down *almost* fish only 90gal Empty Marineland canister filters

Post by seafishinmn Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 am

I know of someone who may be interested in one of them for a freshwater tank...
Does each filter come with all of the accessories (tubing, biowheel etc.)?
Are they the "hang on back type" or the canister which sets inside a cabinet?
Thanks,
melissa
seafishinmn
seafishinmn
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 181

Back to top Go down

Taking down *almost* fish only 90gal Empty Re: Taking down *almost* fish only 90gal

Post by BareFootAviary Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:20 am

I have 2 different kinds of filters. The Magnums are canisters while the Emperor and other hang off the back. These will be sold after the fish and rock/sand are sold. I honestly wouldn't recommend them for a freshwater tank unless they know how to properly clean them (considering the critter and salt buildup).

BareFootAviary
Plankton
Plankton

Back to top Go down

Taking down *almost* fish only 90gal Empty Re: Taking down *almost* fish only 90gal

Post by Home_Depot Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:29 am

I may be interested in one of the Marineland Magnum 350 Canister filters if you still have them.
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Post by BareFootAviary Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:57 pm

I'm waiting to get some pics sent to me so I can reply to the PMs. Sorry for the delay guys! I am also waiting to see what else the tank has since it is 4 hours away from me and I didn't get a chance to look at it when I was down last.

Yes, the Magnum is still available. Fish and rock to go first before the sand and filters can go, if that makes sense....I don't have an extra tank to house things in between finding homes for it all.

BareFootAviary
Plankton
Plankton

Back to top Go down

Post by BareFootAviary Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:04 pm

Ok, brace yourselves! This pics are bad...the tank has really been ignored (if I were still living there, it would not be this bad!)....

This is a pic of the whole tank.
Taking down *almost* fish only 90gal DSC00329

Here is the crab- he really needs a good home!
Taking down *almost* fish only 90gal Crustycrab

Here is the Tomato Clown
Taking down *almost* fish only 90gal Tomatoclownfish

Here is the YellowTailed Bue Damsel
Taking down *almost* fish only 90gal Damsel

Here are the free fish
The Purple Tang (I know, I know, he looks really bad! But I can't just flush him, I mean, come on!)
Taking down *almost* fish only 90gal Tang

The Half Black Angel (I'm not sure if there is a blur in the pic or he has something on his side....If he does have something, I can try a freshwater dip before sending him off)
Taking down *almost* fish only 90gal Dwarfangel

The tank and all the fish for sale are taken, along with 30lbs of the liverock.

The crab, the free fish, the filters, the sand and the rest of the rock are still up for grabs, though I do have to answer some PMs first. I can email people if they are available again.

BareFootAviary
Plankton
Plankton

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:26 pm

I'll take the crab and filters ... think the crab would kill an eel?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:26 pm

hang on and the emperor I mean

Back to top Go down

Post by BareFootAviary Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:31 pm

I don't think he could kill an eel. He left my Snowflake alone. I will consider them taken for you.

BareFootAviary
Plankton
Plankton

Back to top Go down

Post by BareFootAviary Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:54 pm

Sorry, I have been gone for awhile!

If I can find someone to take the free fish, I can start taking down the tank and bringing back rock and filters.

BareFootAviary
Plankton
Plankton

Back to top Go down

Post by BareFootAviary Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:15 pm

I am bringing the fish, crab, and some liverock with me today and will be in town around 8pm or so. Karl, you said you wanted the crab, could you please give me a call before 4 if possible? I want to make sure you are ready for him because he has no place to go if you decide not to get him. I will have to put him in a bucket or large bowl, but I'm sure he could get out.

My cell number is 612-384-3469. Thanks!

BareFootAviary
Plankton
Plankton

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:19 pm

Karl's been banned from here actually so he won't be on.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down