Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's fess up time...do you do routine W/Cs?

4 posters

Go down

It's fess up time...do you do routine W/Cs? Empty It's fess up time...do you do routine W/Cs?

Post by blennieluvr Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:16 am

I was so used to doing weekly water changes with my 55 gal that I still feel guilty when I don't get to it each week. I probably do 5% about every 3 weeks. Our tank is doing well though so maybe I'll quit stressing it and consider this my new routine.

How about you? How often do you do a W/C and how much do you change out?
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

It's fess up time...do you do routine W/Cs? Empty Water Changes

Post by Guest Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:40 pm

I try to do a 5 gallon water change weekly or bi weekly ... if not I usually get bored and re-arrange my entire tank and do a 25% water change to rid sediment.....

Back to top Go down

It's fess up time...do you do routine W/Cs? Empty Re: It's fess up time...do you do routine W/Cs?

Post by GoingPostal Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:15 pm

I do weekly water changes here, about 15% or more usually. I feed a lot though and don't have any filtration on my two smaller tanks. Plus if I don't than I also don't bother to clean the glass or mess with anything that's fallen over, I hate sticking my hands in the tank.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

It's fess up time...do you do routine W/Cs? Empty Re: It's fess up time...do you do routine W/Cs?

Post by Home_Depot Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:51 pm

I have not done a water change in about 6-8 months
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Post by schaver Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:13 am

I dont have a regular routine (I use to thou) but now its just when it looks like it needs one and that is every few months the one at the bank I do on a more regular basis and thats a small one each month and i do that becuse i dont look at that one every day like i do at home and the ladies there dont know what to look for if something looks wrong.
schaver
schaver
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 327

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:48 am

Some day I hope to have a nano at work. I suppose that would need more frequent water changes due to it's smaller size. I've had water sitting on my counter at home since Sunday I think. Maybe tomorrow eve, I'll finally get to putting it in the tank.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:48 am

Garrett, you'd better do a water change. Hey, I'm coming through your area this eve. Don't be suprised if I call and see if I can stop in. It's been a while since I've seen your tank!
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Home_Depot Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:03 pm

OK just give me a call
I do have darts tonight. I will be leaving about 6:45

Cell 766-7213

Garrett
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:14 pm

I realized it's my daughter's b'day. She's 13. She might even be in a good mood (some of you may understand that at this age, that is NOT always the case) so I should go home and celebrate with my family. Soon though...
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:38 pm

Yeah... Did a water change last night to clean the sand and ran to walmart for some razorblades to clean the glass ... Siphon kept going so I ended up pulling about 30 gallons out of my 75... Re-arranged everything and found out my rbta split into 4 anemones Smile ... So I cleaned my canister out and then pulled out my entire wet dry filter, took everything out scrubbed it down and cleaned all the pumps ... Everythings looking a little shocked but looks much better...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down