Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where can I find Acrylic?

4 posters

Go down

Where can I find Acrylic? Empty Where can I find Acrylic?

Post by chadmcd1 Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:43 pm

I just purchased a rockin 95 gal tank and want to put a sump/refugium under it. But damn I sure am not buying one $$$$$$. Looking to make my own, or if anyone has a good one to sell let me know. Anyway, thinking of buying a 20-25 gal tank and use acrylic to make my own setup. Where is the best place to get some? Clear and black, or just black. I also heard there might be someone in Ely that makes tanks, anyone know who he is, if this is true? Thanks.
Chad

chadmcd1
Plankton
Plankton

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Where can I find Acrylic? Empty Re: Where can I find Acrylic?

Post by icereefer Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:25 am

I know this don't help because of where you live but if you are ever down this way I usually get my Acrylic at Custom plastic's in Fargo they can usually have it cut for you in one day to size, since I got my router table and table saw I usually buy bulk and cut it myself now.
I usually do my own Acrylic work, I'm working on a display frag tank for Cammie right now and if work ever slows down I might get it done. Rolling Eyes
icereefer
icereefer
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 801

http://redrivervalleyreefers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:31 am

chadmcd1 wrote:I just purchased a rockin 95 gal tank and want to put a sump/refugium under it. But damn I sure am not buying one $$$$$$. Looking to make my own, or if anyone has a good one to sell let me know. Anyway, thinking of buying a 20-25 gal tank and use acrylic to make my own setup. Where is the best place to get some? Clear and black, or just black. I also heard there might be someone in Ely that makes tanks, anyone know who he is, if this is true? Thanks.
Chad

There was a guy in Ely that made tanks but he moved a couple of years back. Jim, Icereefer, does nice work. He just made a sump for Debben and there are pics of it on their forum (www.redrivervalleyreefers.com). He's a good distance from you but you guys could potentially meet up at a meeting here in Bemidji. (I'm thinking of having a rock cooking meeting June 16th. Very Happy ) There's some good pics of his work on www.redrivervalleyreefers.com. They had an acrylic workshop in the Duluth club last summer maybe (www.lsmac.org) so they may have a lead on acrylic if you want to check with them.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by chadmcd1 Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:01 am

Thanks guys. I checked it out, great work Icereefer!!!! Not sure what to do, money is gone for now, so I think I will run a tote until I can get the goods and just do an ugly rough cut on my own. I have not figured out the pics on here yet, but I started a build thread on reef2reef. I might have to follow up with you Icereefer on acquiring some acrylic for my job. Thanks again for the help! Surprised

chadmcd1
Plankton
Plankton

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanwillow Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:27 pm

I've done the tote thing before. Sort of harder to do than a normal tank, tbh, but it works.

Good luck, and welcome to Frozen!
Swanwillow
Swanwillow
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 845

Back to top Go down

Post by icereefer Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:15 pm

If for sure on June 16th I'll see if I can Make it I have 2 extra Gals to of M Acid you can use.
icereefer
icereefer
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 801

http://redrivervalleyreefers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down