Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my tang is bored

3 posters

Go down

my tang is bored Empty my tang is bored

Post by obsessed Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:15 pm

So my new yellow tang is in a 10 gallon q tank. He is bored. I put in a algae covered rock and am feeding him sheets of algae. He seems to be eating good and looks good. How long does he need to stay in quarantine?
obsessed
obsessed
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 193

Back to top Go down

my tang is bored Empty Re: my tang is bored

Post by cdness Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:08 pm

they say 4 weeks...
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by seaponygirl Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:54 am

I was just at the Minnesota Zoo, and the new Sea Life exhibit at the Mall Of America. Lots of great saltwater now. BUT the coolest, were the big schools of yellow tangs, 20 - 30 all feeding around each other. I guess if you have enough water, they'll get along. Pretty awesome to see schools of tangs, etc. My Y tang, loves the gree algae sheets. I also found a small plastic net bag, that I can use to drop in a lump of frozen brine shrimp. He has to suck them out of the net to feed. This can take him a fair amount of time. He has to twist and turn to get at them. I don't have lots of shrimp floating around falling into crevices this way either. Good luck with your tang. You probably know, but if that white line down the side is very prominent, he is not doing well, it should be barely visible.

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down