Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I HATE Fed-ex

+2
icereefer
Swanwillow
6 posters

Go down

I HATE Fed-ex Empty I HATE Fed-ex

Post by Swanwillow Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:24 pm

...yeah, fish... mail... missing... The word 'Monday' was used. I told the lady what was in the package and she was HELPFUL.... but we all know how that goes.

I told her that if it gets in Bemidji at 3am, to call me I'd come get them ANYTIME..

I hate Fed-ex. Poor fishies
Swanwillow
Swanwillow
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 845

Back to top Go down

I HATE Fed-ex Empty Re: I HATE Fed-ex

Post by icereefer Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:33 pm

That sucks sorry to hear.
icereefer
icereefer
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 801

http://redrivervalleyreefers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mrhaglund Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:53 pm

Wow! Never had that happen. One time I had to quit work in the middle of the day and drive to the next town because my seller didn't get my adress changed when I moved. Not Fed-ex's fault that time but still a mess. Have you been in contact with the seller?
mrhaglund
mrhaglund
Peppermint Shrimp
Peppermint Shrimp

Number of posts : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:01 am

Well coming from personal experience if they deliver monday just consider it a total loss. FedEx will cover NOTHING live, not corals, snails, fish, dogs, or cats.

I lost a $250 coral shipment because the stupid FedEx people used my box as a football. It was leaking water out of the box so they asked what was in it and I told them. They said it is not covered even though there was perfect evidence of mistreatment to the box marked fragile. Not this was packed tripple bagged corals, all inside another large bag. These were in a plastic zipper cooler which was then packed with bubble wrap, inside another foam lined box. The foam was 1/2" and the box was a double thick corrugated box. Honestly there would have been NOTHING that could have been packed better, except for a wooden crate. The foam was shattered, the box was nearly in half. The plastic cooler inside looked like a shattered accordion. The bags were almost all popped, and those that were not, were ice cold due to no insulation in the plane's cargo hold... Never again, Never again...

I wish you the best of luck for sure. If they are in Fargo let me know and I'll go get them for you and then ship them to you SpeeDee on Monday... Keep me posted if I can assist. Losing stuff sucks Sad
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerman Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:31 am

I have better luck with fed ex and can't stand ups. I have to go to ups to get my stuff cause the driver won't leave it at my door, dry goods. Sorry to hear about your stress.

tinkerman
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 417

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanwillow Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:18 am

gonna be here tomorrow. Yeah, I've had worse luck with UPS (7 years ago they sent me-in Bemidji- 2 8" colonies one a maze brain and one a Galaxia. They ended up in international falls for 2 days before coming here)

So... Should be okay if they're here tomorrow. If monday I can only cross my fingers. Its Fosters and Smith, they're good about replacements if something DID go wrong. Its just super frustrating that its more or less throwing important things away.
Swanwillow
Swanwillow
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:42 am

That's so scary, I always get paranoid when I have stuff coming, I never order anything near a weekend just in case, I don't want it sitting around for two days doing nothing. I did have that fun express mail that somehow ended up in Duluth where no one noticed it for 3 days or something? But that stuff all made it, corals and in the summer. I don't like Fedex here just because we don't have a fedex station, they come from Bemidji so if they don't drop it off or whatever I'm screwed, I know the ups people up here and can contact them. I hope your fishy makes it!
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanwillow Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:06 am

Pp they come from Bemidji? That would suck. I have been on the phone with them already this morning. Its in Minneapolis on the way North. Poor guy on the phone doesn't know how to pronounce Bemidji.
Swanwillow
Swanwillow
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanwillow Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:01 pm

yay, they made it. Amazingly enough, only one casualty. A goby (nope, didn't tell anyone I was getting little gobies, did I >.< muhahahaha) The clownfish are busy figuring out who's dominant (the cherub wins that fight so far) but nothing is too bad. I can already tell who's gonna be male and who's gonna be female in that pair. One is BRIGHT orange and one is a dusky orange. Birght orange has won the 3 confrontations they've had, now they're chilling out. May have to get the cherub out of the tank and into the sump for a week til everything is settled in.

And yes, I should really set up a QT tank. Last fish though! (unless they replace this goby, its DFS so they likely will.)
Swanwillow
Swanwillow
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down