Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help with nano additions

3 posters

Go down

help with nano additions Empty help with nano additions

Post by blennieluvr Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:33 pm

As stated in another thread, I am having a hard time deciding on my nano stock. I'm leaning toward a goby/shrimp (probably a watchman/candy cane pistol) and maybe the possum wrasse for some water movement. I like this wrasse but I'd get it from Oceans Paradise......http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1926+1396&pcatid=1396. Thoughts? I had sort of wanted to try bare bottom and this means I would not be able to do that. If bb, I would go with a clown goby and some sexy shrimp probably. I want to keep the bioload low so I'm not even sure I'll put two fish in there...maybe just one.

I also like the starry, tailspot and dusky yellow streak blennies but some of them look like they'd need a bigger tank.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

help with nano additions Empty Re: help with nano additions

Post by Swanwillow Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:50 pm

How big is the nano? I forget Very Happy

That wrasse is adorable, just remember to get a screen to cover the tank. You CAN do what I did and plumb your little tank into the bigger tank, increasing your area AND how many fish you can support. Then you can get a lot of little, peaceful fish. ...but that's just me.
Swanwillow
Swanwillow
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 845

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:23 pm

This tank will be at work so there will be no plumbing it to the main tank. I'm going to try it with the cover and PC's it came with for now so no worries about jumping fish. I'm glad you like the wrasse. I keep going back and looking at him. I like that it's a fish I haven't seen in anyone else's tank. It's a 12g tank.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:02 pm

You should get tanaka pygmy wrasse, I think they are way better looking! But they don't have the yellow stripes. I think those wrasses hid in the rocks and don't need sand but don't quote me on it. Watchmen gobies can get kind of large, 4-5 inches, I don't know if I would put one in a 12 gallon but there are a ton of gobies I would, I love greenbanded, hi fins, and tangaroas, and if you went gobies you could get a few, or a wrasse and a goby? Barnacle blennies stay small and I hear they are pretty funny to watch, I have some barnacle chunks you could have to them to hide in too.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanwillow Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:24 pm

can go for him and a clown goby maybe?
Swanwillow
Swanwillow
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:54 pm

I saw the tanaka wrasse. I like the yellow stripes and the possum wrasse's face is cuter to me. I see what you mean about the tangaroa goby. They are really pretty. I like the hi fin too. This is probably goofy but I don't want a shrimp and goby that have the same colors. If there's only going to be a few critters, I want as much color as I can. So, maybe the hi fin and red shrimp? I really do like the shrimp/goby idea, I guess. The thought of the clown goby isn't as appealing any more. I know they're cute though. Jolene ordered one once so I saw it when it came in.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:01 am

I think I have decided and here goes.....

possum wrasse
3 sexy shrimp
barnacle blennie (Tiff, I'll take you up on the offer for a piece of barnacle)
pom pom crab (I wish I could catch the one in my 75 but I'd have to actually see it first! LOL)

Thanks for the suggestions. With these I think it will be interesting but no commitment to sand or a certain amount of sand.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:47 am

sweet! I think I'm going to grab a pom pom crab for my 12 gallon too, I've wanted one forever.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanwillow Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:35 am

aren't the blennies too big for a 12? (just curious, I have no clue)
Swanwillow
Swanwillow
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:13 pm

They get like 2" max and pretty much stay in a hidey hole other than popping in and out for food or whatever. Not a real mobile species.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanwillow Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:28 pm

ohhh, that'd be cool then. I know pet zone can get them-he had one not that long ago
Swanwillow
Swanwillow
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:28 pm

I wish I could add some fish to my 12 gallon, have to get rid of my clownfish first. And have to catch them without destroying my new rockwork.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down