Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FYI - busy summer coming up....maybe less posts from me

4 posters

Go down

FYI - busy summer coming up....maybe less posts from me Empty FYI - busy summer coming up....maybe less posts from me

Post by blennieluvr Thu May 19, 2011 9:19 am

If I go for periods with no posting, I've got a lot on my plate this summer. In fact, I just now remembered I was going to post pics last eve for the fundraiser. I'm trying to keep up with this hobby but the forums stuff will come after my tank and even my tank has been neglected for a few weeks.

I did the garage sale stuff a few weeks ago. Part of that effort was a booth where I sold donated items from coworkers and friends. Those proceeds are going to MS. I'm training for the TRAM ride this July. It's a 300 ride on bike that's spread over five days. So, I'll camp one night, pack up and head out in my bike for the next town to set up camp and do it all over again. So, I need to prepare for it by biking a lot and I have to raise $300 as well. My personal goal is $500 but we'll see. The garage sale was a good start and I'm up to $200.

I just wanted you guys to know what's going on in addition to my teenagers and 6 yr old and house, hubby, cleaning, tank, etc. LOL
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

FYI - busy summer coming up....maybe less posts from me Empty Re: FYI - busy summer coming up....maybe less posts from me

Post by obsessed Fri May 20, 2011 8:07 am

Wow. I get tired just thinking about what you're going to do. Put me down for a $20 donation. PM me your address. Good Luck!
obsessed
obsessed
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 193

Back to top Go down

FYI - busy summer coming up....maybe less posts from me Empty Re: FYI - busy summer coming up....maybe less posts from me

Post by blennieluvr Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:23 pm

Hey all. I leave tomorrow morning for my 300 mile trek on my trek. Smile GULP! What was I thinking signing up for this deal? LOL Anywho, I won't be around for a while. I can look at the forum but I don't think I'll be able to post this week while I'm gone and I may sleep for days when I return (if I'm not in the hospital)!

Thanks to you those here who helped with the frag sale fundraiser and to a couple of fundraisers I did at work, I get to donate not just $300 to MS, but $500 (much of this was from yesterday, frybread tacos at work!! I guess people like to eat!!) That makes those 300 miles seem even more worthwhile. (Don't ask me on day 3 while pedaling up a long hill but right now, I can say this honestly!)

Take care while I am gone. I don't want to come back to anyone's tank crashing, etc. LOL My tank will be under Jason's care which is honestly probably better than mine. Smile

Talk soon!
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:12 pm

I'm back. It's hard to put into words what last week was like. It was a wonderful adventure and painfully gruelling at the same time. Believe it or not, I'm seriously considering doing it again next year. Thanks for all the support from my reef buddies! Support from friends and family made a big difference. There were miles and miles of hills for three of the five days. I wanted to do something hard and I got what I wanted. It was the hardest physical thing I have done yet in my lifetime. I know there are people who don't have the option and it was for them that I decided to JUST DO IT.

Anyone want to join me next year? LOL
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:17 pm

That's awesome! I think I'd die, I just started biking again to work and man are my legs out of shape. I can only imagine how yours must have felt with days of it, and hills!
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanwillow Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:48 pm

I'd do it... but I'm more out of shape than anyone else!
Swanwillow
Swanwillow
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 845

Back to top Go down

Post by obsessed Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:20 pm

Honestly...I wouldn't even dream about it! I'll just support from the sidelines.
obsessed
obsessed
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 193

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down