Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Repair on a 1978 9.9 Johnson outboard

2 posters

Go down

Need Repair on a 1978  9.9 Johnson outboard  Empty Need Repair on a 1978 9.9 Johnson outboard

Post by Joyce Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:22 am

I have a 1978 Johnson 9.9 outboard fishing motor that need the lower end seals replaced. I have a diagram of the complete motor parts and price list from the net .
I would appreciate any info if anyone knows of some one who does this kind of work...thanks.

Joyce
Joyce
Joyce
Clownfish
Clownfish

Number of posts : 75

Back to top Go down

Need Repair on a 1978  9.9 Johnson outboard  Empty Re: Need Repair on a 1978 9.9 Johnson outboard

Post by cdness Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:32 am

Older Johnson motors are really easy to work on. Almost anyone with tools could do it honestly. If I was closer I could help you, but I don't have all my tools at the cabin so it gets a little difficult. Also it would be hard to hook up a hose to test it with freezing temps...lol

There is a really nice marine store on the highway leading toward international falls if you'd rather have a pro do it... Don't remember the idea but it's near the turn to the hospital. They should have all the stuff needed to get it up and running for you.
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

Need Repair on a 1978  9.9 Johnson outboard  Empty Re: Need Repair on a 1978 9.9 Johnson outboard

Post by Joyce Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:41 am

Thanks for info..I had a friend check out that place for me and he said the labor was super high...but I will go in and see for myself.

Last edited by Joyce on Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add info)
Joyce
Joyce
Clownfish
Clownfish

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:16 pm

check the repair place in Cass Lake... It's a small place out by the golf course (Sandtrap) He is VERY reasonable, but I don't have his name/number. Let me see if my dad has it as he has taken the bayliner there a few times.
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyce Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:39 pm

ok thanks..lmk if if you can get the name and number.
Joyce
Joyce
Clownfish
Clownfish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum