Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

yack thread - what's going on?

3 posters

Go down

yack thread - what's going on? Empty yack thread - what's going on?

Post by blennieluvr Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:14 am

Since we may not meet till late August, let's talk about how things are going?

Some topics to get us going:
1) How are the frags from Brett's meeting?
2) Anyone conquering problems or stumbling upon new ones?
3) Anyone get new critters, coral, equipment they want to yack about?

I'll start.
1) I got a RBTA from Brett's meeting and it looks happy and readily accepts food. Very cool to have. Awesome color. My clown could care less about it but that's OK I guess. I also got a hairy mushroom (thanks HD) that is doing well and a small piece of bird's nest.

2) I still have this maroon type HA that came from my old tank. It doesn't spread much but is UGLY and needs to go. So far the foxface doesn't seem to have an appetite for it. I had taken the rocks out and let them sit out on the deck in the winter but when I put them in the new tank, the darn stuff came back.

We're getting better coral color and growth. cheers I think it's from feeding more heavily.

3) My favorite additions lately are my sandsifting starfish, nass snails and the foxface. It's been a long time since I got to add a fish! Nass snails are so cool and I highly suggest them if you don't have them. It makes feeding time a lot of fun to have them pop out of the sand and scrounge around!

I also got a bit of pulsing xenia a couple of days ago (thanks again HD). I hope it does better this time. I like the movement it brings to the tank. I've been missing it since we lost it when changing over to the new tank.

OK OK I'll try to post pics. I know this thread is useless without pics. What a Face

I'm enjoying the color and life in the tank and plan to sit back and watch it grow! flower
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

yack thread - what's going on? Empty Re: yack thread - what's going on?

Post by brad Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:39 pm

I just recently bought a carpet anenome from underground aquatics in cloquet. it is doing real well but the clowns don't want to host. I want to get a pulsing xenias for the tank. All my mushrooms are doing great, along with my frogspawn. my toadstool does not want to open much though.
I am looking to upgrade my lighting to T5's, i have a custom hood so I will have to diy. I am getting married on Oct 4, so money has to go toward that now.

brad
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post by Mn. reef crzy Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:08 pm

you will like t5's!

Mn. reef crzy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1169

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down