Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We should do a group buy on salt check this out....

+5
blennieluvr
Home_Depot
danreefs
seafishinmn
Nannook
9 posters

Go down

We should do a group buy on salt check this out.... Empty We should do a group buy on salt check this out....

Post by Nannook Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:05 am

Fosters and Smith has a price on a pallet of boxed Instant Ocean Crystals. $1608 for 40 boxes = $40 per box. THAT is cheap my friend. Well... cheap-er, by 20 % if my math is right (and it so seldom is) [who asked you?] Sorry, I digress....

Instant Ocean 200 gallon mix
(box) pallet of 40,
CD-73349

$1,919.60 $1,607.99

We should do a group buy on salt check this out.... Groundonly-line-list

We may have to group with Duluth to use 40 boxes.

Ciao
Nannook
Nannook
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 359

Back to top Go down

We should do a group buy on salt check this out.... Empty Re: We should do a group buy on salt check this out....

Post by seafishinmn Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:45 am

Has anyone considered the salt mix that Jim Durso is using>
seafishinmn
seafishinmn
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 181

Back to top Go down

We should do a group buy on salt check this out.... Empty Re: We should do a group buy on salt check this out....

Post by danreefs Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:48 am

seafishinmn wrote:Has anyone considered the salt mix that Jim Durso is using>
Im thinking about it. I know when im out if IO i will not go back
danreefs
danreefs
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 1516

Back to top Go down

Post by Home_Depot Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:13 am

I also have been thinking about the "durso" salt...lol but you all know me and my WC it would last me a year!!!!LOL
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:52 am

I usually use RC. Are they pretty much the same? After HD told the Science center about the group order, they want in.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by Mn. reef crzy Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:53 am

i am able to get it at pet north in gr for 50 if i buy 4 so if you guys want to try and not buy 40 boxes he is very reasonable.

Mn. reef crzy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1169

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:38 pm

i use only RC salt so i'm out for now. if it is a grop buy of RC i may be in for one.
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by orange bam bams Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:56 pm

I also use RC! I used to use coral life ! Like RC much better ! Jim's salt seems to be alot of work which im sure it aint to bad just sounded like alot when he was explaining it to me ! Water changes are already a pain in the butt! LOL I also am working w/ limited space in my fishroom really no room 4 extra buckets of "slurry" Maybe sometime down the road may give it a try but 4 now RC 4 me !
orange bam bams
orange bam bams
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 537

Back to top Go down

Post by Home_Depot Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:58 pm

I guess I thought this was for RC??? but I see now its IO so I would not want any as well. Not sure about the center they have used RC as well
Home_Depot
Home_Depot
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1946

http://www.frozenocean.org

Back to top Go down

Post by icereefer Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:42 pm

orange bam bams wrote:I also use RC! I used to use coral life ! Like RC much better ! Jim's salt seems to be alot of work which im sure it aint to bad just sounded like alot when he was explaining it to me ! Water changes are already a pain in the butt! LOL I also am working w/ limited space in my fishroom really no room 4 extra buckets of "slurry" Maybe sometime down the road may give it a try but 4 now RC 4 me !
You only need one bucket for your slurry mix and what ever buckets you use for mixing saltwater anyways. and I guess the only differance is u have to add the calcium yourself but if you make the same volume mix every time you do a water change you only have to figure out your targeted measurement once, and after that just remember how many ml you have to add to your 5 or 10 gal mix and your good to go plus this way your always adding to your water the same parameters and things will stay more stable.
icereefer
icereefer
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 801

http://redrivervalleyreefers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by orange bam bams Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:23 pm

icereefer wrote:
orange bam bams wrote:I also use RC! I used to use coral life ! Like RC much better ! Jim's salt seems to be alot of work which im sure it aint to bad just sounded like alot when he was explaining it to me ! Water changes are already a pain in the butt! LOL I also am working w/ limited space in my fishroom really no room 4 extra buckets of "slurry" Maybe sometime down the road may give it a try but 4 now RC 4 me !
You only need one bucket for your slurry mix and what ever buckets you use for mixing saltwater anyways. and I guess the only differance is u have to add the calcium yourself but if you make the same volume mix every time you do a water change you only have to figure out your targeted measurement once, and after that just remember how many ml you have to add to your 5 or 10 gal mix and your good to go plus this way your always adding to your water the same parameters and things will stay more stable.

I have to do something to understand i'm sure it isn't to hard just sounds hard from just reading or listening ! Learn better hands on I guess !
orange bam bams
orange bam bams
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 537

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:08 pm

It doesn't seem to tough to me but how do you figure out how much calcium to add?
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post by icereefer Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:40 am

1 TBls per one gal of mixed water balances out to be about 450 ppm.
another thing nice about this salt mix if you ever have any questions Garry Elliott provides his Cell # if any questions need to be asked. 717-243-9545
icereefer
icereefer
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 801

http://redrivervalleyreefers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down