Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Copperband Butterfly Won't eat

3 posters

Go down

Copperband Butterfly Won't eat Empty Copperband Butterfly Won't eat

Post by twistedkustomz Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:33 pm

I have an aptatia problem and so I thought I would start off with a cb. I know they are not 100% reef safe but I read that most people have good luck with them. I have had it in the tank for 4 days and he just picks on the LR and not the aptatia nor has he eaten any of the frozen food I bought from the LFS. I heard clams were good but I don't know where to start in GF. Thanks for any input.

twistedkustomz
Plankton
Plankton

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Copperband Butterfly Won't eat Empty Re: Copperband Butterfly Won't eat

Post by GoingPostal Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:58 pm

I've heard they are partial to worms, bloodworms, blackworms, whatever you can get, even if it's freshwater fare it's probably better than not eating at all. Live would be best but hard to find. What foods have you tried so far? He might still just be settling in but with those it's best to get them feeding ASAP.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:11 pm

They are VERY picky eaters... Typically they'll take care of the aiptasia then just fade away...

As GP said try some different worm based foods and see if they like it. have you tried using any garlic treatments for the food?
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down