Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chili coral wants to lay down....

3 posters

Go down

Chili coral wants to lay down.... Empty Chili coral wants to lay down....

Post by Nannook Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:32 am

I have a nice chili coral, from Underground Aquatics in Cloquet, thanks Jim, you da man! Anyway, it does not want to stand. I am reasonably sure in the store, it was standing. It has a chunk of LR attached to the base. When I stand him up he droops. I have him in the shade of an overhanging rock, he seems healthy happy and extends his tubae to eat mostly at night but the Reef Chili has brought him out to feed even in the day. I propped him against my rock structure but he scoots over till he is flat on the sand again. Is that okay?
Nannook
Nannook
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 359

Back to top Go down

Chili coral wants to lay down.... Empty Re: Chili coral wants to lay down....

Post by brad Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:30 am

It will be fine, just keep an eye on it and see how it does. Your right too Jim is da man. Great guy.

brad
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:01 am

Non-photo chili coral? Should be hung upside down in a cave and I would get a larger variety of things to feed it, cyclopeeze is good, Fauna Marine makes a good food for filter feeders too.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by Nannook Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:53 am

I went online to see some posts and pictures show it like a birdnest. He is back on his ledge this morning, I have a gi-gundo turbo that I think is pushing him around. He is really extended this morning. I think he likes the reef chili. And I have DT's live plankton. He is growing, hanging upside down in a cave. I will have to work on that one. I am starting to work on a tank build with DIY LR my intention is to make a cave with a sloping tide pool atop with plumbing in the middle. I will let you know. Looking for white portland now.
Nannook
Nannook
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 359

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down