Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LSMAC Speaker Meeting - Ret & Karen Talbot, September 22nd, 2012

4 posters

Go down

LSMAC Speaker Meeting - Ret & Karen Talbot, September 22nd, 2012 Empty LSMAC Speaker Meeting - Ret & Karen Talbot, September 22nd, 2012

Post by mpedersen Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:06 pm

Hey all, I have incredible news that made my day. We secured the Great Lakes Aquarium as our location for our first generally public speaker event, hosting Ret & Karen Talbot (special thanks to Barb Nelson and Alexis Burke for making it happen!). Finalized details are forthcoming, but we are planning for probably 2 PM on the 22nd. Costs will be very minimal (eg. you may need to pay for parking, but as of this time, entrance is going to be free, at least that's what I've been told. That COULD change, so just be aware).

It's really important that we fill the seats - if having access to world class speakers right here in your backyard is important to you, make it a point to attend and support by simply being there. If Ret and Karen wind up speaking to an empty room, I'm not going to see much reason to continue this. And besides, if you can't make it to MACNA, this may be a great taste test.

Seats will go first to GLA staff and LSMAC active members (those who regularly come to meetings) but I assume there will be plenty remaining, so do RSVP here - http://www.lsmac.org/smf/index.php?topic=594
mpedersen
mpedersen
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 399

Back to top Go down

LSMAC Speaker Meeting - Ret & Karen Talbot, September 22nd, 2012 Empty Re: LSMAC Speaker Meeting - Ret & Karen Talbot, September 22nd, 2012

Post by blennieluvr Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:58 am

I have prior obligations on the 22nd. Sad It sounds awesome though and I hope some Frozen Oceaners make the time and effort to get there. What a treat for those who can't make MACNA!! Thanks, Matt, Barb, Alexis and whomever else collaberated to make this happen!
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

LSMAC Speaker Meeting - Ret & Karen Talbot, September 22nd, 2012 Empty Re: LSMAC Speaker Meeting - Ret & Karen Talbot, September 22nd, 2012

Post by blennieluvr Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:25 am

RSVP here. Let's pack the place! Smile

http://www.lsmac.org/smf/index.php?topic=594.0;topicseen
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:22 pm

Bump. I don't see any Frozen Oceaners on the list yet. Don't miss out on this, guys! Someone has to report back to me what I missed!
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:12 pm

I put in a slip to get it off but not sure if James can go or not so it's still up in the air.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by mpedersen Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:58 pm

GoingPostal wrote:I put in a slip to get it off but not sure if James can go or not so it's still up in the air.

I really hope you can make it Tiffany...it's gonna be a good one.

FYI, 20 of the 40 to 50 seats are already spoken for - if you're coming, you must RSVP - http://www.lsmac.org/smf/index.php?topic=594

I haven't posted this on TCMAS yet...am waiting in the hopes that our more northern club members to the east and west of us can take advantage of this rare opportunity first.
mpedersen
mpedersen
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:44 am

The TCMAS crew has been invited and the list is filling up so if you want in, hurry and up and R.S.V.P. It's killing me that I can't go to this! I see Tiff is one the list so that's one rep from here but it's as close as something this big is going to get so there should be more of us going! Smile
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mpedersen Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:17 pm

Less than a week to go and still many open seats. Please do consider coming up to Duluth for this free event featuring Ret & Karen Talbot, free entry to the Great Lakes Aquarium, fall colors, Hawks Ridge, apparently the air show...so much going on this weekend, Duluth is the place to be!
mpedersen
mpedersen
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by icereefer Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:11 pm

well I was going to try and make it but it's my sons birthday that weekend and just found out him and his wife just bought a house in Minto and can you believe it there taking my grand kids with them too.
icereefer
icereefer
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 801

http://redrivervalleyreefers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mpedersen Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:22 pm

Sorry to hear that Jim, but I understand! I hope some folks will still consider coming over - 20+ seats still available, weather is great, so much other stuff going on in Duluth as well (I heard today it's also "Octoberfest") - no shortage of reasons to be in Duluth, but 2 particularly good ones in the form of Ret and Karen Talbot speaking at the Great Lakes Aquarium for FREE on Saturday at 2 PM!
mpedersen
mpedersen
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by mpedersen Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:01 pm

UPDATE

Just a note - due to circumstances beyond the Talbot's control, Karen had to stay back in California.  Ret will still be here, and will be bringing a selection of Karen's art and talking about her work.  In her place, IF I can get it finished in time, I will perhaps lead in with a dry run of my brand new MACNA talk, the Aquarium Ark.  We shall see...
mpedersen
mpedersen
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down