Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012 Frag Swap date set

+12
HSCmember
brad
icereefer
Mn. reef crzy
orange bam bams
Nanofins
despot101
cdness
mpedersen
obsessed
GoingPostal
blennieluvr
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

2012 Frag Swap date set Empty 2012 Frag Swap date set

Post by blennieluvr Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:37 am

I spoke with Laddie from the science center. They would be pleased to have us back for another swap. I asked them to put us on the calendar for January 21st. Please save the date! More details later. If anyone has ideas or suggestions, I'm happy for any input and even better, help I can get!
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

2012 Frag Swap date set Empty Re: 2012 Frag Swap date set

Post by blennieluvr Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:02 pm

Update: LSMAC and RRVR have committed to helping with the swap so it will be a collaborative effort for sure and hopefully that will bring in more people. And, we have interest from 4 vendors for live stock and one for dry goods. I'll make a more official announcement about vendors when I have a more firm commitment from them.

We're definitely off and running!
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:40 pm

That's awesome news!
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by obsessed Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:15 pm

Good Job!
obsessed
obsessed
Tang
Tang

Number of posts : 193

Back to top Go down

Post by mpedersen Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:00 am

Just a note, Cammie, LSMAC is planning on bringing the club frag tank - all the frags in our club tank are donated by the members to raise fund for LSMAC - helps us do the things we do do Wink

And Cammie, you have an email from me from earlier today.
mpedersen
mpedersen
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:41 am

Hey, Matt, if I'm donating frags for your frag tank, do you want them before the swap or should I just bring them at the swap?
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mpedersen Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:45 am

Cammie, if they'd be for the swap in Bemidji, you could just bring them there. Of course, we welcome donations for the TCMAS swap in November too (although, you might even consider doing your own Frozen Ocean frag tank to fundraise if anyone from the west is already going to the cities!)
mpedersen
mpedersen
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:05 pm

We're planning on going but I'm not sure I have the energy to coordinate selling frags there. I need time to make sure I get to meet the vendors who have expressed interest in our swap. I'll bring some corals for your club's fundraiser Matt and could transport other donations too. (I have a coral in my tank now that I was to bring to you at the Chisolm meeting that I had to bail on.)
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:37 pm

Well, I've been trying to get the poster I made posted up here since it has all of the swap details thus far on it but it's not cooperating. So, sorry for the wait and here are some of the BIG announcements regarding the swap.

Ready?..................drumroll please......

Not only will Matt be speaking but the Duluth club is allowing their funds to be used to hire a speaker for our swap event in January! WAHOO!!!! They are bringing in Gary Parr who was also one of the presenters at MACNA. (It will almost be like we all got to go! LOL) Here is what they said about him on their site.

MACNA 2011 Presenter Profile: Gary Parr

Gary has been keeping aquariums for most of his life and has kept reef aquariums for the past 16 years. His current tanks are a 65-gal. LPS reef and a 40 breeder in which he's growing azooxanthellate corals. Gary’s other hobby is photography. He specializes in macro photography and currently spends most of his camera time photographing coral and marine fish. You can see Gary’s coral and marine fish photos in the Reefs and Animals sections of his website, www.gparr.com. He also co-hosts, with Sara Bertolino, the Reef Threads podcasts, weekly discussions about the reef-aquarium hobby. The podcasts are found at www.reefthreads.com. You can contact Gary at gparr@reefthreads.com."

We owe the Duluth club! We decided at the planning meeting on Saturday that we would show them our gratitude by giving swap proceeds to them to replenish some of their club funds.

****Please let me know if you intend to setup and sell frags at the swap as we do have limited space. I'll do my best to make room for all interested parties and presales are welcome as well!****

Also....more drumroll..........

We have vendorS coming! Right now the list consists of:
Dirk Griffin
Discovery Aquatics
The Digital Fishroom
Reef Deep Aquatics

I have raffle prizes promised too but I'm going to wait to announce those until they materialize.

This is going to be an event that you won't want to miss!

Last edited by blennieluvr on Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cdness Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:22 pm

Sounds like a great time. Too bad I can't make it this year... Maybe next year it will work out Sad
cdness
cdness
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:12 am

And another vendor.....Oceans Paradise. WAHOO! That's going to be it for vendor space, I'm pretty sure.
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by despot101 Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:19 pm

Just wanted to mention if there is any livestock you are after in particular to let me know. We will be bringing down primarily coral and a few inverts but we would be happy bring some fish along if you wanted something specific.

Feel free to stop by the site and see what we are about.
http://www.theoceansparadise.com/

despot101
Peppermint Shrimp
Peppermint Shrimp

Number of posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:02 pm

Nice stuff! I'd better ask for cash for Christmas!
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanofins Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:54 am

Hey Everyone, this is Zack/Nanofins/The Digital Fishroom. I've been talking to Cammie and she directed me over here. Looking forward to coming up to the frozen North for the swap! It should be a fun time and hopefully we can bring some great eye candy to the club! I'm working hard already on getting things ready for this swap, so I should have a few nice surprises up there!

I'll probably be starting a preview/presale thread here in a few weeks to show off some of what I'll be bringing, so keep an eye out for that!

Nanofins
Plankton
Plankton

Number of posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:47 pm

I'm going to make another announcement soon about the swap. I'm working on a few more exciting details.

For now, I wanted to remind you all that we'll have a raffle so if you have corals, equipment you no longer need, etc. please consider offering them up for a raffle prize. One year we raffled off a complete setup....all donations from people who no longer needed something. It was pretty cool and added a of interest to the event. Each donated item gets you another raffle ticket and another chance at something that you do need/want. Smile
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by orange bam bams Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:06 pm

This may have been asked already but what I's the stance on children my son will probably want to come with !
orange bam bams
orange bam bams
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 537

Back to top Go down

Post by Mn. reef crzy Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:34 pm

Children are welcome for sure

Mn. reef crzy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1169

Back to top Go down

Post by orange bam bams Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:36 am

Nice this I's going to be awesome thanks 4 the reply Andre
orange bam bams
orange bam bams
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:15 am

The science center is actually a great place for kids. If you have another adult with you, if/when they get bored, you could pay the small admission fee for them to get into the HSC exhibits too. Most kids are happy there for hours.....snakes, spiders, fish, hands on activites... The swap is free but they run the science center business as usual that day as well.

http://hscbemidji.org/
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by orange bam bams Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:49 pm

Nice awesome news !!!!
orange bam bams
orange bam bams
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm

I've heard back from BRS and Foster's & Smith and they are both wililng to support our event with raffle donations. 2012 Frag Swap date set 313206 Ray gave me some stuff too when I was down at the TCMAS swap. I tell ya, this is going to be way better than what we have done in the past! You won't want to miss it!

Please, please help me get the word out. We need a good turnout so we can get our vendors to come back. This is the best opportunity for us to have access to a variety of reef goodies right in our back yard! (OK, well in MY backyard. LOL) I have flyers I can send to you to distribute. I'll email or snail mail them. I know Jim is collecting email addresses to do a mass mailing too. You could email people on your own or you can stop in at www.redrivervalleyreefers.com and get your contacts to him. If you guys visit other forums, please post our flyer up where you can. They're up on our three forums (RRVR, LSMAC and here) as well as on TCMAS already.

Also, don't be suprised, those of you that know me, if I ask you to help out in a specific way. It's going to take a cooperative effort to make this work.

Volunteer needs that I'm aware of so far:
setup crew for Fri eve and/or Sat morning
someone to take pics of the event
people to bring munchies (we have a food committee and we're having either pizza again or sloppy joes...whatever they decide)
drygood and coral donations
blennieluvr
blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by despot101 Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:27 pm

Good to hear about Fosters & Smith. Nice that BRS will be making a donation as well. I do believe Oceans Paradise will be making a raffle donation too.

despot101
Peppermint Shrimp
Peppermint Shrimp

Number of posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by orange bam bams Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:48 pm

Awesome !! That I's killer news as well !!!
orange bam bams
orange bam bams
Great White
Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by icereefer Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:04 am

Cammie pm me a list of vendors you've already contacted so I'm not double hitting them.
thanks.
icereefer
icereefer
Great White
Great White

Number of posts : 801

http://redrivervalleyreefers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingPostal Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:23 pm

How many coral donations are we looking for? I'll bring a couple chalice frags, alien eye and green striped, and a small red blasto frag, can probably scrape up more if needed too. I have some drygoods (fish food) to pitch in, have to see what else I have for that.
GoingPostal
GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next